Responsibilities include converting of raw materials to a finished product. Due to the size and complexity of parts, close tolerances, and the time required to manufacture a single part, the machinist has little room for error. The CNC machinist is responsible for all operations performed on the assigned work station, including work set-up, tooling, operations, and completion of required documentation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure efficiency and quality in CNC machining processes.
• Set up for designated operation, including preparation of fixtures, placement of part, proper work holding, verification of tooling set-up, proper loading of tooling, and pre-machining operations.
• Program and operate CNC machines by entering instructions including zero and reference points; set tool registers offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculate requirement including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; load proving part programs.
• Monitor machine operations to include monitoring machining sequences consistent with CNC programming, observing machine for proper functioning and respond immediately to developing situations to preserve machine and part integrity.
• Certified to operate cranes up to 50 Tons.
• Perform and/or verify completion of first-article inspection on all jobs and indicate such on production documentation.
• Review quality issues with quality assurance, manufacturing support, and engineering to resolve quality issues and take corrective actions as required.
• Ensure performance goals are established and met for scrap/rework, labor efficiencies, and on time deliveries.
• Apply basic knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) in accordance with ASME Y14.5M:1994.
• Ensure quality control in accordance with the company ISO-9001:2008 Quality Assurance System (QAS).
• Maintain a safe work environment in accordance with company HSE standards and procedures.
• Interact and support a broad spectrum of personnel internal and external to the company. Work effectively and efficiently in both team-based and independent working environments to reduce costs and add value to the organization.
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Department Manager or Supervisor.
Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed or are able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential responsibilities of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations, in order to safely perform the essential responsibilities of the job. Must be able to read, write, and speak English. Must show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Must be capable of verbal communication, hearing, and have adequate vision for reading small print and diagrams. Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and an ability to adjust focus. Must have sufficient manual dexterity to be able to operate all office equipment including, but not limited to: computers, fax machines, copy machines, and telephones in addition to hand tools and measuring devices. Must be able to stand, walk, run, sit, handle or feel objects, tools and/or controls, reach overhead with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. Must be able to occasionally lift and move up to 40 pounds unaided.
• Computer Numeric Control (CNC) Operator II Certificate or MSSC Manufacturing Processes and Production Certification or equivalent education, training and experience
• Experience with reading and interpreting 3D Solid Modeling and 2D CADD drawings
• Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) in accordance with ASME Y14.5M:1994
• Experience with CNC milling and turning centers
• Advanced knowledge of various inspection tools such as calipers, micrometers, protractors, radius gages, and countersink gages
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Minimum of two (2) years experience as a CNC machinist in a manufacturing and assembly environment
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
or via fax to 713-937-7962.