Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
DESIGN ENGINEER III – Hydraulics and Mechanical
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Design Engineer is involved in the design of mechanical, electro-hydraulic, and hydraulic components, assemblies and systems in support of product development and production.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under general supervision of the Engineering Manager, make recommendations in the design and development of new products.
- Perform structural and technical product designs, finite element analyses, and other related engineering computations as appropriate to education, training, and experience.
- Construct 3-D solid models of components and systems for manufacturing processes, function and motion validation, mechanical design margin, and interference studies.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with large hydraulic systems. Use Solidworks to develop assembly drawings, routing and properly define bill of materials. Be able to develop product and design assemblies with assembly and serviceability. General knowledge of mechanical design principles, weld symbols and terminology.
- Apply basic engineering principals, theories, concepts and techniques to tasks and projects that are within established and appropriate industry standards.
- Apply basic knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) in accordance with ASME Y14.5M:1994.
- Coordinate with quality assurance in the assessment and specification of quality plans and processes in accordance with ISO-9001:2000 or regulatory or classification requirements.
- Provide appropriate engineering support for project activities including proposals, contracts, procurement, manufacturing, testing, installation, and customer acceptance trials.
- Assist with designs and development of special equipment, tooling, and/or evaluate or assist in the evaluation of special or new manufacturing equipment or processes.
- Manage the preparation of bills of material, manufacturing drawings and data, reference drawings and data, general arrangement, piping and instrumentation drawings and data, and detail drawings and procedures for handling, installation, operation and maintenance.
- Maintain a safe work environment in accordance with company HSE standards and procedures.
- Interact and support a broad spectrum of personnel internal and external to the company. Work effectively and efficiently in both team-based and independent working environments to reduce costs and add value to the organization.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Engineering Manager.
Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed or are able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential responsibilities of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations, in order to safely perform the essential responsibilities of the job. Must be able to read, write, and speak English. Must show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Must be able to reason, analyze, prioritize, conceptualize, make judgments, and solve problems. Must be able to multi-task and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and SolidWorks 3-D modeling software; and
- Seven (7) years’ experience in the design and manufacturing of hydraulic and electro-hydraulic equipment.
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering;
- Proficient with AutoCAD and SolidWorks 3-D modeling software; and
- Seven (7) years’ experience in the design and manufacturing of hydraulic and electro-hydraulic systems.
This position is a direct hire.
Apply at email@example.com
Thrustmaster of Texas is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package, including medical, dental, vision coverage and a 401(K) retirement plan in an exciting work environment.