Health, Safety and Environmental Coordinator
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The HSE Coordinator is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the company’s Safety Management System (SMS) and Environmental Management System (EMS) as well as ensuring full compliance with all applicable Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) programs, policies, and regulations.
In addition –
- Maintain and administer the company’s Safety Management System (SMS) and Environmental Management System (EMS) by providing surveillance and monitoring of environmental, safety, and health workforce practices and procedures to ensure compliance with all OSHA, EPA, TCEQ and other agency regulations, guidelines, and best practices.
- Manage the company’s emergency preparedness program activities including the Continuity of Operations (COOP) plan.
- Advise company management of conditions that could lead to non-compliance or unsafe working conditions.
- Ensure proper operation and maintenance of HSE monitoring and control equipment. Coordinate testing and any required independent verification of valid equipment operation.
- Evaluate HSE data, prepare and/or support preparation of all reports as required by applicable regulations and company policies. Maintain records in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Respond to, investigate, prepare and follow-up on all safety and health and environmental mishaps, including making reports to regulatory agencies and company management. Maintain the mishap records and files necessary to backup the OSHA 300 log and any other OSHA requirements.
- Coordinate training of all employees in HSE programs including OSHA-mandated initial and refresher training in close coordination with the company HSE and Training Managers, including the preparation and maintenance of all appropriate training records.
- Ensure completion and documentation of all HSE audits, assessments, as well as site and component inspections, required by regulation and/or policy. Coordinate any follow-up or corrective actions that may be required.
- Coordinate physicals, vaccinations, respiratory testing, and other miscellaneous plant provided services related to employee health and safety.
- Coordinate source testing, remediation activities, and act as liaison for environmental agency site inspections.
- Coordinate storm water monitoring, data collection, data reporting and other permit conditions, completing special studies and record keeping.
- Coordinate indoor air quality and volatile organic compound (VOC) air quality compliance.
- Coordinate industrial and hazardous waste management including storage, shipping, record keeping, data reporting, and emergency response.
- Track and maintain Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) to comply with OSHA Right-to-Know regulations.
- Coordinate and conduct company safety committee meetings and compose minutes of meeting including action items.
- Conduct off-site auditing of company field service facilities to ensure compliance of field service operations.
- Ensure quality control in accordance with the company ISO-9001:2008 Quality Assurance Plan.
- Interact and support a broad spectrum of personnel internal and external to the company. Work effectively and efficiently in both team-based and independent working environments to reduce costs and add value to the organization.
- Associate’s degree (A.S. or A.A.S) in Occupational Health and Safety or related science or technical field from an accredited two-year college or university, or 6 to 10 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience; and
- OSHA 511 Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry course;
- Five (5) years experience in environmental, safety and health regulatory compliance in the offshore marine, heavy manufacturing, or aerospace industries; and
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications software.
- Bachelor of Science in Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Management, Technical Management, or Industrial Engineering or related science or technical field;
- OSHA 501 General Industry Trainer Course;
- Experience in ISO-14001 Environmental Systems Management certification; and
- Experience in OHSAS 18001 Occupational and Health Safety Management System; or
- Experience in API 9100 Environmental, Health, and Safety Management System (EHSMS); and
- Five (5) years experience in environmental, safety and health compliance in the offshore marine, heavy manufacturing, or aerospace industries.
Thrustmaster of Texas is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package, including medical, dental, vision coverage and a 401(K) retirement plan in an exciting work environment.
Please visit our website for addition information about this unique and innovative company. www.thrustmaster.net
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, please apply by uploading your resume. Resumes submitted will be forwarded directly to the hiring managers and do not get lost in the crowd.
This is a direct hire.
Please, no Recruiters.