Thrustmaster of Texas, Inc. manufactures heavy duty commercial marine propulsion and thrusters. All thrusters are developed in-house by a complete engineering department for mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic design.Thrustmaster of Texas, Inc. manufactures heavy duty commercial marine propulsion and thrusters.Thrustmaster of Texas, Inc. manufactures heavy duty commercial marine propulsion and thrusters.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Design Engineer is involved in design of electrical, electro-hydraulic control systems, components, assemblies and support product development, testing and production of control system, junction boxes and other electrical marine propulsion system.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under general supervision of the Engineering Manager, make recommendations in design, development, building and testing of products.
- Perform product design, trouble shoot, electrical sizing calculations and other related engineering computations as appropriate to education, training and experience.
- Use AutoCAD and Solidworks to develop schematics, block diagrams, cable connections, GA drawings and design assemblies with assembly and serviceability. General knowledge of electrical engineering principles, symbols and terminology.
- Apply basic engineering principles, theories, concepts and techniques to tasks and projects that are within established and appropriate industry standards.
- Be able to utilize, apply and meet ISO, IEC, IP rating and other applicable electrical standards.
- Provide appropriate engineering support for project and product activities including proposals, contracts, procurement, manufacturing, testing, installation and customer acceptance trials and tests.
- Comply with regulatory and industry standards like ABS, DNV, LR, RINA etc. Be able to assist, support and comply with these engineering rules.
- Manage the preparation of bills of material, manufacturing drawings, data, general arrangement drawings, block diagrams, electrical schematics, and instrumentation drawings.
- Assist in preparation of electrical standards for products, installation and maintenance procedures, testing etc.
- Interact and support a broad spectrum of personnel internal and external to the company. Work and communicate effectively and efficiently in both team based and independent work environments to reduce costs and add value to the organization.
- Perform any other duties from time to time that may be assigned by Engineering Manager.
Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed or are able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential responsibilities of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations, in order to safely perform the essential responsibilities of the job. Must be able to read, write, and speak English. Must show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Must be able to reason, analyze, prioritize, conceptualize, make judgements, solve problems and ensure compliance to processes, standards and work instructions. Must be able to think quickly on the feet, be able to multi task and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
Knowledge of AutoCAD and Solidworks preferred
Preferred two (2) years’ experience in design and manufacturing of electrical, electro-hydraulic equipment.
This position is a direct hire.
Email resume to Jobs@Thrustmastertexas.com or Fax to 713-937-7962.
Thrustmaster of Texas is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package, including medical, dental, vision coverage and a 401(K) retirement plan in an exciting work environment.
Please visit our website for addition information about this unique and innovative company. www.thrustmaster.net