Thrustmaster of Texas, Inc. manufactures heavy duty commercial marine propulsion and thrusters. All thrusters are developed in-house by a complete engineering department for mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic design.Thrustmaster of Texas, Inc. manufactures heavy duty commercial marine propulsion and thrusters.Thrustmaster of Texas, Inc. manufactures heavy duty commercial marine propulsion and thrusters.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Electrical Systems Design Engineer is responsible for detailed electrical engineering design of shipboard electrical systems and hybrid propulsion systems, including power generating systems, switchgear, electrical distribution systems, battery storage systems, electrical propulsion systems and control systems. This includes variable frequency drives, power transformers, power management systems and electrical storage management systems. Responsibilities include preparation of one line diagrams, component selection and specifications and detailed electrical schematics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform product design from concept, design and execution of shipboard electrical power and distribution systems, battery and capacitor storage systems, power management, sizing and selection of the major components.
- Knowledge of applicable marine classification and USCG requirements for passenger ferries, harbor tugs, OSV’s, drillships and MODU’s.
- Familiarity with VFD’s, electrical motors, generators and harmonic distortion mitigation and work with vendors to get a robust design.
- Use AutoCAD to generate one line diagrams, block diagrams, electrical wiring/cabling details, schematics and GA drawings using ISO symbols.
- Excellent grasp of codes, standards and recommended industry best practices. For example IEC, IEEE, NEC, ISO, ANSI and the like used in marine propulsion system design.
- Understand and meet marine industry class societies rules like ABS, DNV, RINA, Lloyds etc.
- Ability properly troubleshoot issues and design assemblies with practical serviceability and usability in the field.
- Should be able to meet the ever changing market dynamics to continuously evolve and update products and designs.
- Ability to communicate and work in a team environment. Interact with a broad spectrum of personnel internal and external to the company. Work and communicate effectively to optimize design, lead time and develop cost effective systems that can be sold in a competitive marketplace.
- Manage the preparation of bills of material, manufacturing drawings, general arrangement drawings and prepare testing methodology and test standards. Ability to work with supply chain to choose the optimum product for the company.
- Ability work on front end design as well as assist and support field service with troubleshooting, design fixes and improvements.
- Perform any other duties from time to time that may be assigned by the Engineering Manager and changing market conditions.
Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities as listed above and the ability to demonstrate that they can perform the essential responsibilities of the job with or without reasonable accommodations. Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English and ability to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Solidworks preferred
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in design and manufacturing of electrical system design and hybrid propulsion system design, preferably for commercial marine vessels.
This position is a direct hire.
Email resume to Jobs@Thrustmastertexas.com or Fax to 713-937-7962.
Thrustmaster of Texas is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package, including medical, dental, vision coverage and a 401(K) retirement plan in an exciting work environment.
Please visit our website for addition information about this unique and innovative company. www.thrustmaster.net