Thrustmaster of Texas, Inc. manufactures heavy duty commercial marine propulsion and thrusters. All thrusters are developed in-house by a complete engineering department for mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic design.Thrustmaster of Texas, Inc. manufactures heavy duty commercial marine propulsion and thrusters.Thrustmaster of Texas, Inc. manufactures heavy duty commercial marine propulsion and thrusters.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for the management of the engineering work product and staffing resources as well as design engineering tasks. The Engineering Manager must have strong leadership and management skills.
- Direct engineering activities to design new products, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures.
- Exercise oversight of engineering staffing resources for design, manufacturing, testing, installation, and acceptance trials including the work effort of design engineers and engineering graphic design technicians.
- Plan, conduct, and direct product engineering projects to support manufacturing processes which are difficult and complex in nature, necessitating the application of engineering knowledge or associated design and drafting effort.
- Coordinate with quality assurance in the assessment and specification of quality plans and processes in accordance with ISO-9001:2015 or regulatory or classification requirements.
- Maintain and support Solidworks EPDM system.
- Apply lean principles during product development and maintain visual management of the team.
- Attend daily production board meetings and update the status of engineering activities.
- Provide appropriate engineering support for project management including proposals, contracts, procurement, manufacturing, testing, installation, and acceptance trials.
- Supervise and manage the preparation of bills of material, manufacturing drawings and data, reference drawings and data, general arrangement, electrical, control, piping and instrumentation drawings and data, and detail drawings and procedures for handling, installation, operation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and verify the PLC code before its release to the production.
- Provide technical interface with the customer for problem resolution during manufacturing, testing, installation, and acceptance trials.
- Interact and support a broad spectrum of personnel internal and external to the company. Work effectively and efficiently in both team-based and independent working environments to reduce costs and add value to the organization.
- Represent the technical capabilities of the company and its products at customer and vendor interface meetings, trade shows, conferences and seminars.
- Recognize deficiencies and make appropriate suggestions for improvement.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the VP of Engineering.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Marine or Electrical Engineering.
- Five (5) years experience in the design and manufacturing of rotating, marine propulsion and/or electro-hydraulic equipment and/or controls.
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- Ten (10) years experience in the design and manufacturing of rotating equipment or marine propulsion systems.
- Two (2) years experience in engineering management.
Applicants, please provide salary requirements.
This position is a direct hire.
Thrustmaster of Texas is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package, including medical, dental, vision coverage and a 401(K) retirement plan in an exciting work environment.
Please visit our website for addition information about this unique and innovative company. www.thrustmaster.net