Apply at email@example.com
Thrustmaster of Texas, Inc. manufactures heavy duty commercial marine propulsion and thrusters. All thrusters are developed in-house by a complete engineering department for mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic design.
The Field Service DP Engineer is responsible for the execution of requests for field service including installation, troubleshooting and repairs of the company’s marine propulsion products and systems worldwide. Provides day-to-day, direct operational support service to the customer and independently carries out on-site repair on a range of products with limited technical support. Holds responsibility for ensuring that specific maintenance work scopes are professionally administered on a day-to-day basis through on-site liaison with the customer, whilst maintaining all relevant technical documentation and maintaining appropriate levels of customer satisfaction.
The Field Service DP Engineer is responsible for the following duties both in office and on service location.
- Technical support (Office)
- DP/Joystick system
- Sensor systems
- Position systems
- System improvements
- Service and support outside normal business hours
- Test and configuration of spare parts orders
- Testing and repair of returned parts (RMA)
- Service/Commissioning (Job location)
- Job preparation
- Drawing verification
- Config file verification
- FAT document review
- Arrange checklist to shipyard
- Prepare SAT and Commissioning Verification documents
- Verify deliverables
- Job Activities
- Verification of system installation
- Commission DP and Joystick systems
- Verification of terminations
- Ordering spare/missing/damaged parts
- Configuration of DP sensor system
- Interface/Test third party integration
- Perform system tuning
- Perform Sea Trial Acceptance Test/FMEA with Classification
- Creating software backups
- Onboard training of vessel personnel
- Job Summary
- Complete service report
- Create internal and external backup software files
- Update project database
- Update drawings AS-Built
- Complete expense report
- General Responsibilities
- Ensure quality control in accordance with ISO-9001:2015
- Maintain safe work environment per company HSE standards
- Perform duties delegated by Field Service Manager
Work is performed individually and subject to periodic review and consultation by the Field Service Manager to ensure that the quality and quantity of work performed meets expectations. Reports directly to the Field Service Manager on ongoing activities and will consult with the Field Service Manager on major problem areas or deviations from project objectives or expectations.
This position does not exercise supervision over other personnel.
TRAVEL PERCENTAGE AND DURATION
Heavy (more than 50 percent and more than 2 weeks per job.
Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed or are able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential responsibilities of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations, in order to safely perform the essential responsibilities of the job. Must show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Must be capable of verbal communication, hearing, and have adequate vision for reading small print and diagrams. Must have sufficient manual dexterity to be able to operate hand tools and measuring devices. Must be able to routinely lift and move up to 50 pounds unaided. Must board marine vessels and frequently negotiate shipboard ladders, companion ways, compartments, and hatches.
Must be able to reason, analyze, prioritize, conceptualize, make judgments, and solve problems. Must be able to multitask and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Graduate of any ASEE-rated Associate in Applied Science (AAS) level program in Electronics Technology or an equivalent combination in experience, education, and/or training.
- Three (3) years’ experience in technical field service in the installation or maintenance of Dynamic Positioning systems, to include PLC control systems, in an offshore marine environment.
- Previous experience working with Dynamic Position Systems and associate position referencing equipment.
- Basic IT Skills
- Strong understanding of relevant engineering/scientific principles.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of a range of products and their applications.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Marine Engineering or related technical discipline
- Five (5) years’ experience in technical field service in the installation or maintenance of Dynamic Positioning systems, to include PLC control systems, in an offshore marine environment.
- Two (2) years’ experience in Ladder Logic control programming. C++
- Previous experience working with ICON Dynamic Positioning Systems.
- Business knowledge
This position is a direct hire.
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thrustmaster of Texas is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package, including medical, dental, vision coverage and a 401(K) retirement plan in an exciting work environment.
Please visit our website for addition information about this unique and innovative company. www.thrustmaster.net