Thrustmaster of Texas, Inc. manufactures heavy duty commercial marine propulsion and thrusters. All thrusters are developed in-house by a complete engineering department for mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic design.
Thrustmaster of Texas, Inc. manufactures heavy duty commercial marine propulsion and thrusters.Thrustmaster of Texas, Inc. manufactures heavy duty commercial marine propulsion and thrusters.
The Manufacturing Engineer is the subject matter expert in his assigned work area. The engineer serves as the technical liaison, interfacing with all levels of the company from the shop floor to the executive suite. This role requires a strong knowledge of manufacturing processes, problem solving and the ability to analyze complex data to drive decisions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research, plan, direct, and coordinate lean manufacturing processes for production of product.
- Work concurrently with engineering to develop new products, ensuring that manufacturability and lean thinking is integral to the products’ design.
- Apply basic knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) in accordance with ASME Y14.5M:1994.
- Assist with the design and development of special equipment, tooling, fixturing, and/or evaluate or assist in the evaluation of special or new manufacturing equipment or processes.
- Confer with subcontractor suppliers to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluate products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Troubleshoot defects and product failures, conduct root cause analyses, and implement corrective actions.
- Ensure quality control in accordance with the company ISO-9001:2008 Quality Assurance System (QAS).
- Maintain a safe work environment in accordance with company HSE standards and procedures.
- Interact and support a broad spectrum of personnel internal and external to the company. Work effectively and efficiently in both team-based and independent working environments to reduce costs and add value to the organization.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed or are able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential responsibilities of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations, in order to safely perform the essential responsibilities of the job. Must be able to read, write, and speak English. Must show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Must be capable of verbal communication, hearing, and have adequate vision for reading small print and diagrams. Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and an ability to adjust focus. Must have sufficient manual dexterity to be able to operate all office equipment including, but not limited to: computers, fax machines, copy machines, and telephones in addition to hand tools and measuring devices. Must be able to stand, walk, run, sit, handle or feel objects, tools and/or controls, reach overhead with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. Must be able to occasionally lift and move up to 40 pounds unaided.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- 6 + years experience
- Proficient in : MS Excel, Word, Access, MS Project, Solidworks and AutoCad
- Syteline experience a plus
Thrustmaster of Texas is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package, including medical, dental, vision coverage and a 401(K) retirement plan in an exciting work environment.
Please visit our website for addition information about this unique and innovative company. www.thrustmaster.net
This position is a direct hire.
Please send resume via email to email@example.com
or fax to 713-937-7962.