The Mechanical Assembly Supervisor is responsible for direct supervision of a team of mechanical assembly technicians in the planning, training, assembly, testing, troubleshooting and repair of the company’s marine propulsion products and systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise a team or multiple teams of mechanical assembly technicians and assemble, install, test, troubleshoot, and repair of mechanically and hydraulically-driven propulsion machinery.
- Supervise and conduct factory acceptance testing of completed assemblies and components prior to shipping.
- Supervise and troubleshoot/repair of defects and product failures, and implement corrective actions.
- Document and submit engineering change requests for continuing product and design improvement.
- Complete required documentation on assembly procedures to include data entry to track history.
- Supervise and train for gear contacts, prop fit-up, shimming, and pressure testing.
- Assist with the training of contractors, customers, and vendors on product operation and maintenance as required.
- Ensure quality control in accordance with the company ISO-9001:2008 Quality Management System (QMS) and train/mentor team personnel in proper adherence of QMS.
- Maintain and promote a safe work environment in accordance with company HSE standards and procedures.
- Train mechanical assembly technicians in Thrustmaster work instructions, assembly procedures and assess team personnel skill levels for continuing training.
- Develop critical lift plans and supervise for safe rigging practices.
- Review Production Schedule daily and plan work resources and coordinate with other shops to ensure schedule is followed.
- Interact and support a broad spectrum of personnel internal and external to the company. Work effectively and efficiently in both team-based and independent working environments to reduce costs and add value to the organization.
- Participate in job coordination meetings and implement decisions made in such meetings.
- Graduate of any ASEE-rated Associate in Applied Science (AAS) level program in Mechanical, Industrial, or Electronics Technology or an equivalent combination in experience, education, and/or training including U.S. Navy or U.S. Coast Guard “A” or “C” schools in aviation, boatswain’s mate, missiles, engines, gas turbines, hull maintenance, machinery, sonar, fire control, or electronics; and
- Seven (7) years experience in assembly, installation, or testing of mechanical rotating equipment or electro-hydraulic systems in an offshore marine environment.
- Three (3) years of proven leadership and knowledge of Thrustmaster products.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Thrustmaster of Texas is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package, including medical, dental, vision coverage and a 401(K) retirement plan in an exciting work environment.
This position is a direct hire.
Email resume to email@example.com, Fax to 713-937-7962
Or Mail to……….
Thrustmaster of Texas, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
6900 Thrustmaster Drive
Houston, Texas 77041