Thrustmaster of Texas, Inc. manufactures heavy duty commercial marine propulsion and thrusters. All thrusters are developed in-house by a complete engineering department for mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic design. Thrustmaster of Texas, Inc. manufactures heavy duty commercial marine propulsion and thrusters. Thrustmaster of Texas, Inc. manufactures heavy duty commercial marine propulsion and thrusters.
The Painter is responsible for the surface preparation and application of protective coatings to components and finished assemblies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare surfaces of components or assemblies in preparation for coating in accordance with workplace instructions or SSPC specifications.
- Select and mix materials to prepare coating substances according to workplace instructions or the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Apply protective coatings using compressed-air spray guns to the specified minimum dry film thicknesses (MDFT).
- Place coated components or assemblies in ovens or dryers for specified times to dry or harden finishes.
- Examine finished surfaces to verify conformance to specifications; retouch any defective areas.
- Certified to operate overhead cranes up to 50 ton and powered industrial trucks to handle materials.
- Inspect materials, components, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Ensure performance goals are met for scrap/rework, labor efficiencies, and on time deliveries.
- Maintain a safe work environment in accordance with company HSE standards and procedures.
- Interact and support a broad spectrum of personnel internal and external to the company. Work effectively and efficiently in both team-based and independent working environments to reduce costs and add value to the organization.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned by the Painting Supervisor.
Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed or are able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential responsibilities of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations, in order to safely perform the essential responsibilities of the job. Must be able to read, write, and speak English to SPL 7. Must show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Must be capable of verbal communication, hearing, and have adequate vision for reading small print and diagrams. Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and an ability to adjust focus. Must have sufficient manual dexterity to be able to operate all office equipment including, but not limited to: computers, fax machines, copy machines, and telephones in addition to hand tools and measuring devices. Must be able to stand, walk, run, sit, handle or feel objects, tools and/or controls, reach overhead with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. Must be able to occasionally lift and move up to 40 pounds unaided.
Two (2) to five (5) years experience in the surface preparation and finishing of steel and aluminum products.
Applicants, please provide salary requirements.
This position is a direct hire.
Thrustmaster of Texas is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package, including medical, dental, vision coverage and a 401(K) retirement plan in an exciting work environment.
Please visit our website for addition information about this unique and innovative company. www.thrustmaster.net