Thrustmaster of Texas, Inc. manufactures heavy duty commercial marine propulsion and thrusters. All thrusters are developed in-house by a complete engineering department for mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic design.Thrustmaster of Texas, Inc. manufactures heavy duty commercial marine propulsion and thrusters.Thrustmaster of Texas, Inc. manufactures heavy duty commercial marine propulsion and thrusters.
The Painter Assistant assists painters as needed and performs a variety of miscellaneous, unskilled tasks—to help overall product flow and increase productivity & efficiency of paint operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and assist painters by performing incidental or preparatory work for painting and finishing.
- Rack, prep, turn, mask, sand, tape and solvent clean production parts prior to the application of organic coatings.
- Assist in the loading and unloading of components, materials, or equipment.
- Deliver tools, materials, and equipment to and from any machine in the machining bay as assigned.
- Deliver tools, materials, and equipment to and from any assembly in the assembly bay area as assigned.
- Deliver tools, materials, and equipment to and from any welding station in the fabrication bay as assigned.
- Transfer finished pieces to shipping area.
- Load and move chips, parts and scrap on skids or in scrap containers as required.
- Secure necessary attachments, tools and equipment required and keep working areas clean and orderly.
- Certified to operate overhead cranes up to 15 Tons powered industrial trucks to handle materials.
- Maintain a safe work environment in accordance with company HSE standards and procedures.
- Keep paint/racking areas clean and organized per company and OSHA requirements.
- Interact and support a broad spectrum of personnel internal and external to the company. Work effectively and efficiently in both team-based and independent working environments to reduce costs and add value to the organization.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Painting Supervisor.
Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed or are able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential responsibilities of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations, in order to safely perform the essential responsibilities of the job. Must be able to read, write, and speak English to SPL 7. Must show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Must be capable of verbal communication, hearing, and have adequate vision for reading small print and diagrams. Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and an ability to adjust focus. Must have sufficient manual dexterity to be able to operate all office equipment including, but not limited to: computers, fax machines, copy machines, and telephones in addition to hand tools and measuring devices. Must be able to stand, walk, run, sit, handle or feel objects, tools and/or controls, reach overhead with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. Must be able to occasionally lift and move up to 40 pounds unaided.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Ability to effectively communicate with others, oral and written; and
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time and must be able to push/pull, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach and crawl frequently.
- Two (2) years experience in a manufacturing environment.
This position is a direct hire.
Thrustmaster of Texas is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package, including medical, dental, vision coverage and a 401(K) retirement plan in an exciting work environment.
Please visit our website for addition information about this unique and innovative company. www.thrustmaster.net
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 713-937-7962.